#BetterBristol Crowdfunding Campaign: The proof is in the projects!
31st May 2016
Since launching the Better Bristol crowdfunding campaign in partnership with Crowdfunder we’ve seen a raft of innovation and inspiration from grass roots projects across the city – raising over £179,000 already and going strong as more projects take up the opportunity to make a reality of their ideas to further the ambition of a low-carbon city with a better quality of life for all.
#BetterBristol is not just about raising funds, it’s raising awareness of the incredible ideas contained within our city and the people with the drive and determination to make them happen.
Putting the VOOM into Bristol: LettUs Grow
After attending a Bristol Green Capital Partnership workshop earlier this year, Bristol business start-up LettUs Grow reached for the stars and raised over £7000 - as well as making it into the Virgin Media Business shortlist to pitch at the world-record breaking attempt for the biggest ever pitchathon!
School’s listen up: Bishop Road raises £3098 for a new garden
Lucy Clements from Bishop Road School attended a workshop and received coaching through the Better Bristol campaign - embracing the opportunity to crowdfund with #BetterBristol. The school raised over £3000 – smashing their target of £2750 with 143 backers – showing just what a community can achieve with the right ambition. Those who pledged support received rewards from a unique and inventive menu including specially designed jute bags, yoga sessions, birthday parties, BBC tours, wildflower seeds and artist prints. Check them out and be inspired - what rewards would you and your supporters offer for crowdfunding your unique idea?
Live and Funding: Massage and Mindfulness for Elderly Care Homes
Come and find out about Bristol’s Community Conscious team is tackling anxiety and loneliness, crowdfunding to make the world a better place. Having already raised well over £3000, the team are on track to reach their target with your help. In the week that Bristol Green Capital Partnership announces the dates of Healthy City Week 2016, here's an opportunity to support 'wellbeing that doesn't cost the earth'.
Ethical & locally sourced food , community radio and transforming a library
- Pigpen Radio received crowdfunding support to help them to continue broadcasting positive conscious music to the world and support up & coming musicians
- To complete the finishing touches to a unique ethical restaurant powered by charcoal with a central working 60ltr cast iron Cauldron, the Cauldron Restaurant raised over £7,000
- South Lockleaze & Purdown Neighbourhood Group C.I.C. have raised over £3,000 so far to transform their local library into a 100% volunteer run, vibrant social hub, for the community, by the community. With a few days left, you can still support them!
Do you have an idea or an initiative that will help Bristol to become a low carbon city with a high quality of life for all?
- Visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/better-bristol and select ‘Add your Project’ – after registering your interest, we’ll be back in touch to offer guidance and support on the next steps.
- Download a free Better Bristol Fundraising pack with step-by-step guidance and tips
- Watch a webinar on Crowdfunding