Event: Bristol Social Enterprise City – The Next Stage
16th March 2015
Bristol Green Capital Partnership are thrilled to be working with Bristol & Bath Social Enterprise Network to present Bristol Social Enterprise City – the Next Stage on 27th March from 1.30 – 5.00pm. The event will showcase how social businesses are working with cross sector partners to tackle key issues in the City. Bristol is seen as a national leader in this area, and one of the first 2 cities to receive ‘Social Enterprise City’ status. There is much still to be done and everyone can play a role. Through case studies and a Question Time style panel debate the event will ask;
- How can we work together to benefit the City?
- How would your organisation like to tackle the issues that are important to you?
Social businesses, and their partners, are delivering entrepreneurial solutions to civic challenges – whether it’s meaningful employment for young people, generating clean energy, community scale healthcare or affordable housing. This emergent ‘sector’ is showing the fastest rate of growth in the region. Bristol is seen as a national leader, badged as one of the first ‘Social Enterprise Cities’ in the UK. This is just the start of the journey.
Showcasing businesses already leading change, we’ll start the conversation and outline support available to create new partnerships.
This event if for any organisation wanting to use business to affect positive civic change.
- SMEs or corporates interested in trading with or supporting social business
- Public sector policy or decision makers
- Higher and further education bodies
- Health sector or social housing sector organisations
- Social businesses and sector support organisations
We’re very pleased to announce our showcase business speakers and panelists with still more to be announced in the coming week:
- Stephen Williams MP
- Dick Penny, Watershed MD
- Peter Holbrook CBE, Social Enterprise UK CEO
- Liz Zeidler, Bristol Green Capital Partnership Chair
- Daniel Oliver, Bristol & Bath Social Enterprise Network
Showcasing Social Businesses
- Richard Pendlebury, Emmaus
- Joe Cooper, Touchwood Enterprises
- Andre Seidel, Transitions Skate CIC (Campus Skatepark & Campus Pool)
- Steve Glover, the Severn Project CIC
- Grace Howells, Resonance