Nominations open for Bristol’s Best Green Small Business & other Go Green 2016 Awards
17th December 2015
Are you a business with less than 250 employees?
Have you made significant strides towards improving the green credentials of your organisation over the past year?
Would you like to win up to £3,000 to be spent on future green initiatives?
Best Green Small Green Award
If the answer to these is ‘yes’, then you should enter the Bristol’s Best Green Small Business Award at The Go Green 2016 Awards. The glamorous Go Green 2016 Awards ceremony is being held at The Bristol hotel on the evening of Thursday 18th February 2016 to celebrate the green achievements of Bristol’s business community over the past year. Tickets will be free for all attendees and details of how to book will be available in the new year.
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) in Bristol has teamed up with Go Green to find Bristol’s Best Green Small Business. This award is to acknowledge those businesses (of up to 250 employees) that have improved their green credentials in 2015 across all of the five Go Green themes.
There are two generous cash prizes up for grabs:
- the 1st prize is £2,000 for Bristol’s Best Green Small Business (open to both non-FSB & FSB members)
- with a special prize of £1,000 for the Best Green FSB Business (open to FSB members only)
FSB members can enter both of these awards and be in with the chance of winning a total of £3,000!
Entering is very simple! All you need to do is to tell us how your business has made improvements in each of the Go Green themes of Planning & Resilience, Travel & Transport, Energy & Efficiency, Happy & Healthy and Sustainable Sourcing (200 words per theme). We’d also up to 200 words on how the winning the cash prize would help your business to implement further green initiatives.
Application for these awards is via the FSB website only: www.bbgsb.co.uk
Please visit the FSB website to download the application form and get applying – don’t miss out on your chance to win these fantastic prizes!
Please note that the deadline for the Bristol's Best Green Small Business Award is 9th January 2016.
Other Go Green Awards
If you are a Go Green member or an organisation with over 250 employees, increase your chances of winning by entering one or more of the Go Green Theme Awards.
There will be a ‘Most Improved’ and a ‘Best Newcomer’ category for each of the five Go Green themes:
- Energy & Efficiency: improved energy management
- Travel & Transport: minimising the carbon footprint of workplace travel
- Planning & Resilience: preparing for future changes
- Sustainable Sourcing: collaboration with your supply chain to improve their green credentials
- Happy & Healthy: fostering community spirit.
- Driving Force Award: Nominations for this award will be made by organisations who want to recognise a green champion, wellbeing champion, team or individual (be they the CEO or office temp) who has been a driving force for making the biggest green changes in the organisation during 2015.
For further details of these awards and how to apply, visit the Go Green 2016 Awards page on our website.
Please note that the deadline for these themed Go Green Awards is 6pm on 25th January 2016.
Not yet a Go Green member? Find out how to join here.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing you at the awards ceremony on 18th February 2016.
The Go Green Team