How does your organisation match up to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals?
28th September 2016
Do you want to see how well your organisation is meeting its sustainability targets and if you could achieve more? Are you interested in finding out how you match up to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals?
This opportunity is now closed
The University of Bristol is launching a new course that will give Pledge Members of the Bristol Green Capital Partnership, including businesses, community interest companies, NGOs or council departments, the opportunity to harness the talent and enthusiasm of our postgraduate students while at the same time providing students the opportunity to gain practical experience in a real world situation. Students on the course will be developing an understanding of the relationship between sustainability and law to be able to apply this learning for advising governments and civil society organisations. In the placement students will explore organisations’ sustainability principles; see how well the organisation is meeting its targets; look at what opportunities the law offers for increasing the sustainability standards of the organisation (if any) and look at the organisation in relation to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals. The student will produce some recommendations for action for the organisation to use in their development.
- Interested organisations should complete the application form and return by Friday 11th November
- Students will contact the organisation by the end of November to arrange a meeting and discuss expectations. Please note that we cannot guarantee that all requests for a student will be met.
- The placement will be between 5 and 10 days either conducted in one block or over a number of weeks in December and January (to be agreed between the student and organisation).
- The placement will take place at the organisations office (where possible). We ask that the organisation provides access to relevant documents and members of staff in order to understand how the organisation operates and its sustainability policies.
- Students will write a 2000 thousand word report which will include recommendations for the organisation. This will be made available to the organisation by the end of March.
If you would like to apply, please complete the expression of interest form available at https://goo.gl/forms/Nv6wpyj5tBAYNj6y2.