The Green & Black Ambassadors is a pilot initiative from October 2016 that will seek to address exclusion of Black…Link
Green & Black AmbassadorsBack to Projects
The Green & Black Ambassadors is a pilot initiative from October 2016 that will seek to address exclusion of Black and Minority Ethnic communities in Bristol’s environmental sustainability efforts. In this initial pilot we are delighted to be working with ambassadors Zakiya Mckenzie and Jasmine Ketibuah-Foley, who will receive training and support in order to:
- Conduct Community Action Research: to explore why exclusion exists in the sustainability agenda, and propose means for overcoming issues.
- Collate Case Studies: to help establish learning lessons from local exemplars of inclusive green initiatives
- Create Media and monthly Radio shows: to share learning and experiences, raising the profile of the Green and Black agenda
- Undergo Leadership Development: receiving leadership training and mentoring
- Advocate for ‘disruptive’ constructive challenge: better connect environmental and social justice, and promote engagement with more diverse communities.
- Support an application for funds: to ensure the continuation and up-scaling of the pilot.
Listen to the radio shows on Soundcloud
Scroll down for Green & Black reports & stories
Follow @ on Twitter
Related stories & reports
As part of celebrating World Wetlands Day, Ujima 98fm and the Green and Black Ambassadors teamed up with the WWT and…Link
The UK Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) will provide additional funding for The Green & Black Ambassadors programme, a joint…Link
Our December 2016 Partnership Gathering shared news and updates on future project plans from Bristol Green Capital Partnership, as well…Link
On the last Tuesday of every month 12 - 2pm, we invite you to tune in to the Green and…Link
This month we're delighted to begin working with Zakiya and Jasmine as we launch the Green & Black Ambassadors initiative…Link