Green & Black AmbassadorsBack to Groups & Projects
The Green & Black Ambassadors is a pilot initiative from October 2016 that will seek to address exclusion of Black and Minority Ethnic communities in Bristol’s environmental sustainability efforts. In this initial pilot we are delighted to be working with ambassadors Zakiya Mckenzie and Jasmine Ketibuah-Foley, who will receive training and support in order to:
- Conduct Community Action Research: to explore why exclusion exists in the sustainability agenda, and propose means for overcoming issues.
- Collate Case Studies: to help establish learning lessons from local exemplars of inclusive green initiatives
- Create Media and monthly Radio shows: to share learning and experiences, raising the profile of the Green and Black agenda
- Undergo Leadership Development: receiving leadership training and mentoring
- Advocate for ‘disruptive’ constructive challenge: better connect environmental and social justice, and promote engagement with more diverse communities.
- Support an application for funds: to ensure the continuation and up-scaling of the pilot.