Apply now to be a Black & Green Ambassador for Bristol! (Recruitment ended)
3rd August 2020
Do you . . .
- . . . Feel passionate about environmental and social justice issues?
- . . . Enjoy communicating with diverse groups and have a sense of your communities’ needs?
- . . . Bring creativity and fresh ideas to your work?
- . . . Want to develop your decision-making, team-working and problem-solving skills?
Then this opportunity to be a Black & Green Ambassador for Bristol will be well-suited to you!
We’re thrilled to announce that Ujima Radio and Bristol Green Capital Partnership are looking to recruit three Ambassadors for Year 1 of the Black & Green Ambassadors programme – a 3-year programme that will mentor and support a total of nine emerging leaders to work between the city’s diverse communities of people, businesses and organisations on issues of equality, diversity, inclusion and the environment.
About the Ambassadorship
This programme presents a unique leadership and professional development opportunity for three Ambassadors in Year One (Sep 2020 – 2021) who will receive ongoing mentoring, skills training and support to lead and deliver a varied programme of activities to engage communities and inspire bold and inclusive action towards a green and fair future for Bristol.
This programme seeks to address environmental and racial inequalities and empower leadership from Bristol’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. Activities will include community-based research projects, a monthly radio show and community-development workshops – enabling Ambassdors to frame questions and gather evidence to advocate for change, identify tangible solutions and catalyse new projects. Their work will aim to showcase diverse approaches to environmental sustainability, celebrate best practice, stimulate debate and raise awareness of environmental justice issues and inequality.
About the Ambassador Roles
- 12-month freelance contract with Ujima Radio x 3
- Expected start date: Late September 2020
- 2 days per week @ £87 per day (annual fee of £9,048)
- Flexible working pattern
About the application
- Closing date for applications: Midday on 27 August 2020
- Please download the Ambassadors Application Information Pack for full details about the programme, the role, how to apply and additional information
- The Application Form can be downloaded here in WORD or PDF
- Please include an up to date CV and a completed equalities monitoring form with your application – download the equalities monitoring form here in WORD or PDF
- All applications to be sent to Ujimaoffice@gmail.com for the attention of Carlton Romaine, Black & Green Ambassadors Coordinator
- Online interviews for shortlisted candidates: week beginning of 7 September 2020
We hosted an online session on 18 Aug for candidates interested in the role, inviting members of the project team to share insights and information about the programme. Speakers include:
- Black & Green Ambassador from the project pilot, Zakiya McKenzie
- Ambassadors Coordinator at Ujima Radio, Carlton Romaine
- Manager of the Cabot Institute for the Environment, University of Bristol, Hayley Shaw
- Operations & Project Manager at Bristol Green Capital Partnership, Vicki Woolley
You can listen to the 50 minute session here:
Please note that attendance at the online session was not obligatory and it does not form part of the selection process.
If you have any questions about the role or the application process, please contact Carlton at Ujimaoffice@gmail.com to arrange an informal discussion via phone call.