Climate Action Programme ambitions grow
26th July 2023
Our Climate Action Programme is now into its third year so we’ve published the latest annual report celebrating the range of free, practical support we’ve delivered to help organisations reduce their carbon emissions.
The programme is kindly supported by Bristol City Council, NatWest Group, and this year we’ve also partnered with Redcliffe & Temple Business Improvement District to make the area the heart of climate action in the city.
Bristol’s organisations are keen to make positive change for climate and nature and learn from each other. Over the last year we’ve continued to expand the offering with sector specific workshops, in-person events, a focus on climate resilience, and expert support through Climate Surgeries. We’re excited to continue to deepen and broaden engagement in the year ahead.
Some of the highlights from year two include:
- 7 Climate Action Programme events and workshops held on topics including fleet decarbonisation, Doughnut Economics and climate resilience
- 277 organisations attended our events live
- 13 resources created including 2 in-depth guides on reducing emissions from energy and building resilience against climate risks, plus case studies, infographics and expert articles on a range of topics
- 2,811 views of year 2 resources and year 1 resources have now been viewed over 7,402 times
- A new partnership with Redcliffe & Temple Business Improvement District and targeted engagement with businesses in this area
- 30 Climate Leaders who have collectively saved at least 17,590 tonnes of CO2 equivalent
Find out more about year two of the Climate Action Programme in this report.
If you’re interested in joining the Climate Leaders Group, contact Claire Jacob on firstname.lastname@example.org