Collaborators sought: Nature the Healer event
27th July 2022
The Partnership is looking for collaborators for an event ‘Nature the Healer’ in October, exploring access to Green Social Prescribing activities for communities in Inner City East (ICE) Bristol. The Partnership is working on the initiative with Ujima radio as part of the Black and Green Ambassadors programme.
Nature is our life support, but nature and people’s health are suffering in Inner City East Bristol. How can nature provide some solutions to key health challenges for Inner City East and how are wider city efforts improving the changes of nature to thrive for the benefit of everyone?
We are looking to work in partnership with health care professionals, community organisations and policy makers to:
- Bring awareness and acknowledgment of the health issues experienced within Inner City East, platforming perspectives of community leaders;
- Demonstrate and celebrate how nature can support and improve health and address these issues through ICE GSP funded-projects and (not yet funded) potential projects delivered by and for the community;
- Provide information on Bristol’s wider nature recovery efforts – to support nature which sustains and heals;
- Deliver better insights into any gaps, workshops to seek shared solutions and increase access for underserved groups;
- Better join up local partners including increased referrals from the health system and increased self referral to local green programmes and spaces.
There will be a particular focus on: Where currently are there gaps in health equality for ICE Bristol & how we’re changing to become more inclusive.
We are looking for people to support a planning session on 6 September, and the event itself which will take place in October (exact date tbc).
Please feel free to share this info with anyone who might be interested in taking part and contact Clare to sign up or ask questions.