Climate Action Breakfast: Waste and recycling
Understanding and reducing waste in your workplace
Every business generates some level of waste, so every business can do something to tackle waste. By getting to grips with the waste hierarchy you can improve waste management in your workplace and discover where your organisation can reduce waste and therefore reduce emissions.
Upcoming waste related regulation changes from Defra will have an impact on manufacturers and both business and personal consumers so this is also an opportunity to get ahead of the game before new regulations come in.
Join this Climate Action Breakfast to better understand how to manage and reduce your workplace waste and hear from other businesses about steps they’ve taken to reduce waste.
- Sam Preece, ESG Sustainability Reporting, PwC
- Abigail Mason, Senior Consultant – Resource Futures
- Charlie Harris, Junior Sustainability Consultant, Sustain IT
- Representatives from Bristol City Councill, City to Sea and UWE Bristol.
By attending you will:
- Improve your understanding of waste in the workplace, and how waste related regulation changes will impact your business.
- Feel enabled to make informed decisions on how to manage and reduce waste in your workplace.
- Gain a basic understanding of how to measure waste related emissions.
- Have the opportunity to connect with others on a sustainability journey.
A light vegetarian/vegan breakfast will be provided.
About the Climate Action event series
As part of Bristol Green Capital Partnership’s Climate Action Programme, these series of events are for organisations at any stage of their climate action journey. It is an opportunity for organisations to:
- Learn about particular topics from experts and other organisations.
- Access tools to help them take steps forward.
- Ask questions and network.
- Be a part of a community of other organisations in the Bristol region who wish to help the city reach carbon neutrality by 2030.