Creating an engaging climate action plan
12th October 2021
At the second Climate Action Breakfast on 12 October 2021, we launched a guide to creating an engaging climate action plan. This guide is to support organisations through the process of developing their plan from scratch or updating their existing plans in line with more ambitious targets.
At the event Livvy Drake, Sustainability Consultant and Founder of Sustainable Sidekicks, gave an overview of how to create a climate action plan with key points from the guide. She was then in conversation with Zac Nicholson from Alec French Architects and Sam Willitts from University Hospitals Bristol NHS Trust who both contributed to the guide and shared their experiences and learnings.
We also shared a short video from the Climate Leaders Group which is a group of organisations who have committed to being carbon neutral in their own operations by 2030 and have a plan in place of how to reduce their emissions.
We asked them to share their organisation’s first step on their climate action journey, what challenges they have faced, and how they have overcome them. As well as their top tips for other businesses and organisations looking to get started on their climate journey. You can watch the video here:
The Climate Action Breakfast events form part of the Climate Action Programme, which supports organisations of all sizes and sectors to reduce their carbon emissions through events, resources, and peer to peer learning opportunities.
Through the Climate Action Programme, we hope you will feel supported and inspired to take action on the climate and nature crises, wherever you are starting from, and feel part of a community of people and organisations who are committed to positive change.
- Recording of the Climate Action Breakfast #2 on creating an engaging climate action plan
- Guide to creating an engaging climate action plan
- Guide to measuring and managing carbon emissions
- Spotlight on… The circular economy for business
- Transforming travel at your organisation – insights from the June Intention to Action Clinic on transport.
- Getting started on your climate action journey – tips from the first Climate Action Breakfast