About the company
Structure and Governance
Bristol Green Capital Partnership (BGCP) is a community interest company (CIC), an organisational model that enables social enterprises to work for community benefits.
Day-to-day activities are led by a small executive team: the Chief Executive, Operations Manager and Development Manager. Our programme of events, forums and projects are delivered collaboratively with a range of partners – creating opportunities for cross-sector working and collaboration.
The CIC is governed by a Board of Directors made up of senior representatives from our founding supporting member organisations, a co-opted independent member and independent Chair, and two representatives elected by the Partnership‘s wider membership of organisations. Read more about our Directors here.
BGCP CIC’s articles of association, community interest statements, accounts and further details of our directors can be found through our Companies House website records. Read our 2017/18 Annual Review here.
Since January 2016, Bristol Green Capital Partnership CIC has been underpinned by a core group of Founding Supporting Members: Avon Wildlife Trust, Bristol City Council, Business West, Centre for Sustainable Energy, Resource Futures, Sustrans, Triodos Bank, University of Bristol and University of the West of England, Bristol. In February 2019, Bristol Water joined the Partnership as a new Supporting Member.
Board of Directors
- Mohammed Saddiq – Managing Director, GENeco (Chair of the Board)
- Ian Barrett – CEO, Avon Wildlife Trust (Founding Supporting Member)
- Joy Carey – Director, Bristol Food Network (Co-opted Director)
- James Cleeton – England Director for South, Sustrans (Founding Supporting Member)
- Chris Dunford – Head of Sustainable Futures, We The Curious (Membership Elected Director 2018 – 2020)
- Jessica Ferrow – Sustainability Consultant (Membership Elected Director 2019 – 2021)
- Professor Jim Longhurst – Professor of Environmental Science and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Environment and Sustainability at UWE (Founding Supporting Member)
- Manu Maunganidze – Teacher and Youth Outreach Coordinator (Co-opted Director)
- David Mellor MA (Cantab) Dip Arch RIBA – Vice President Bristol Chamber of Commerce & Initiative (Founding Supporting Member)
- Professor Guy Orpen – Deputy Vice Chancellor at University of Bristol (Founding Supporting Member)
- Simon Roberts OBE – CEO Centre for Sustainable Energy (Founding Supporting Member)
- Zoe Sear – Head of Marketing & Communications for Triodos Bank (Founding Supporting Member)
- Jane Stephenson – Business Development Director at Resource Futures (Founding Supporting Member)
Lizzi Testani – Chief Operating Officer
Lizzi joined Bristol Green Capital Partnership CIC to provide maternity cover in March 2019 and in September 2019 was appointed Chief Operating Officer. Prior to her current role, Lizzi spent two years working in New York City – as Programme Coordinator for New Venture Fund (a grant maker accelerating greener practices within the finance sector) and Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW) supporting NYC women entering the construction workforce. Previously, in Bristol, Lizzi has worked with The Soil Association and Boston Tea Party Cafes.
Vicki Woolley – Operations Manager
Vicki joined the company in July 2014 and manages day-to-day company operations and communications. Vicki leads on the development and delivery of collaborative projects in addition to planning events, regular mingles and Partnership Gatherings for members. Prior to her current role, Vicki was the Front of House Manager at Arnolfini and worked alongside programme and production teams to deliver an interdisciplinary programme of visual arts, performance, dance, film, music and events. Vicki has also previously worked with organisations including In Between Time, and St Georges Bristol, as well as completing an MA in Performance Research at University of Bristol.
Claire Jacob – Partnership Development Manager
Claire joined Bristol Green Capital Partnership CIC in January 2017, and works closely with members to support their work and enable them to get more involved in tackling Bristol’s sustainability challenges. She develops and delivers various initiatives, events and forums to enable members to get involved and take action on the Partnership’s five theme areas. She has spent over a decade working in Campaigning and Communications, including for Amnesty International in both London and Hong Kong. In 2016 she took some time off to walk from Mexico to Canada along the Pacific Crest Trail, an experience which strengthened her interest in the environment and desire to protect it.
Clara Fung – Bristol Green Capital Partnership Sustainability and Research Officer
Clara joined Bristol Green Capital Partnership CIC in September 2019 as Sustainability Research and Support Officer (intern). She will be working on a special project and contributing to the Partership’s programme of activities. Clara is a BSc Forensic Science graduate from the University of the West of England and was a Laboratory Analyst at a food and water testing company prior to joining the Partnership staff team. Her cycling trip from Bristol to Portugal in 2016 was a key experience in driving her interest in environmental sustainability.
Allan MacLeod – Sustainable Development Goals Research Associate (Jan 2018 – Jan 2019)
Allan is working with the Cabot Institute, Bristol Green Capital Partnership and Bristol City Council as a Research Associate, to develop the Bristol SDG Alliance. He is a recent graduate from the University of Bristol. He spent four years studying Geography with a year abroad in Grenoble, France, before completing a Masters in Environmental Policy and Management in 2017. During his masters he was part of the team that wrote “Bristol and the UN Sustainable Development Goals”.