Mission & Vision
We are working towards the vision of a Bristol that is a thriving low carbon city powered by sustainable energy, where no one goes cold at home; a circular economy city, where organisations and citizens reject a throw-away society, reducing, re-using and recycling; a city where the food we grow and eat is good for people, places and planet; a nature-rich city, where wildlife abounds and everyone has access to inspiring green spaces; a city where it is enjoyable, convenient and affordable for everyone to travel sustainably every day.
Download our Our Future: A Vision for an Environmentally Sustainable Bristol which sets out a series of ambitious yet achievable actions and timelines across our five themes: energy, food, nature, resources and transport.
To support Partnership members and promote environmental sustainability throughout Bristol and the West of England, providing a leadership voice and enabling collaboration and collective action across sectors towards our shared vision.
We do this by…
- Enabling – supporting the Partnership network of over 830 organisations – enabling collaboration, information and skills-sharing, and collective action
- Amplifying – showcasing innovation and best practice, and broadening the reach of environmental sustainability initiatives within and beyond Bristol and the West of England
- Influencing – engaging with policy-makers and decision-making processes to ensure city, regional and national frameworks support our shared vision
Our 2019 – 2022 priorities
- Carbon neutral and nature-rich city Contributing to Bristol’s response to the climate and ecological emergencies, including creating and facilitating a new ‘One City’ Environment Board to deliver on the Our Future goals.
- Environmental equality Increasing understanding of/action on environmental inequality and exploring the intersection with other forms of inequality, with an initial focus on diversity and inclusion via the Green & Black Ambassadors project
- Going for Gold Mobilising city-wide action so that Bristol becomes a Gold Sustainable Food City by making positive changes to food practices and policies
- Circular Bristol Securing commitment to become a resource-efficient city through a ‘route-map’ to collectively commit by 2022 to become a leading resource-efficient, sustainable and competitive ‘Circular City’
If you’re not already a member, learn more about how you and your organisation can be part of a unique partnership of organisations who have pledged to build a sustainable Bristol with a high quality of life for all.
If your organisation is already a member of the Partnership and you would like to be more involved, register your contact details to make sure you’re the first to hear about our membership events, activities and other opportunities.